top of page
Virtual Lawrence County
Banks of Ironton
120 So. 3rd Street, Ironton
1st National Bank
On July 11, 1851, the first banking institution was established in Ironton, named, of course, The Iron Bank.
After some changes in location and a merger, the bank operating as the First National Bank of Ironton constructed this building on Third Street. In the 1970s, the bank was purchased by the First National Bank of Cincinnati, which subsequently became the Star Bank Corporation and finally the U. S. Bank National Association
Read more detailed history HERE.
bottom of page