Ball Warfield Drug Co.
Located at ?? 2nd Street
One of the most extensive wholesale drug concerns in southern Ohio is the Ball-Warfield Drug Company of Ironton. They began business in 1883, and ten years later were incorporated under the present name, the officers being D.C. Wilson, President; J.R.Hannan, Vice-President; and J.F. Warfield, Secretary, Treasurer and General Manager. The latter has been actively engaged as general manager of the business since its inception. The firm occupies extensive quarters and carries a very large and complete stock. The store and stock rooms are 132 X 25 feet and cover three floors and a basement, extending from street to street, with entrances at 33 N. Second and 34 N. Third. They have three traveling salesmen engaged who cover the states of Kentucky and West Virginia and Southern Ohio, in which territory the firm enjoy a large business.
Later became E. J. Merrill Drug in 1921.