Belfont Furnace

In Ironton, Ohio

download (2)
download (2)

press to zoom
download (2)
download (2)

press to zoom
1/1

Built in 1867 by the Belfont Nail and Iron Co. Its daily capacity was an impressive 45 tons. The bituminous height of the stack was a staggering 70 feet and it was an open-top, hot blast furnace. This furnace made iron for the Belfont Mill, which was also owned by Belfont Nail and Iron Co.

Belfont Mill

In Ironton, Ohio

18-0
18-0

press to zoom
18-0
18-0

press to zoom
1/1

The Belfont Mill was on North 5th Street in Ironton, behind Meehan Steel. They made nails from the iron, provided by Belfont Furnace. Prior to that, it was Star Mill, owned by Norton Brothers.