top of page
Virtual Lawrence County
Also been recorded to be spelled 'Centre'
Built in 1836 by W.M Carpenter & Others. Daily capacity was 16 tons, and the stack was 40 feet. It was a charcoal furnace. William D. Kelly purchased this furnace in 1862. By 1898 the furnace was in receivership and was purchased by W. D. Kelly's daughter-in-law, Nannie Kelly.
bottom of page